Updates from the O-HI-O state

Welcome to my Blog Page, I am glad you stopped by.



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blood Oranges?!?!

The school I work in is participating in a fresh fruits and vegetable snack program. Four days a week fresh fruits or veggies are given to our kids as a mid day snack. This year we have had; oranges, clementines, green beans, green peppers, apples, grapes, strawberries, bananas; and a variety of others. Today, however we had blood oranges and I'm sure you can guess how the kids responded to the name alone. I have never eaten blood oranges before today but I think it is pleasing to my pallet. A bit sweater than an orange with a hint of raspberry, yummy, yummy! I am not sure what season blood oranges taste the best but I plan to do my research. Here are a few photos of what my blood orange looked like.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment